Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, Director, Retirement Security, EPI and Teresa Ghilarducci, Schwartz Professor of Economics, The New School for Social Research, hosted a panel discussion regarding key policy solutions for the ongoing retirement crisis. We must reform the current system to ensure all workers can breathe easy in old age.
Our discussion was led by:
- Randi Weingarten, President, American Federation of Teachers
- Tony James, Executive Vice Chairman, Blackstone; Co-author, “Rescuing Retirement”
- Chad Bolt, Legislative Assistant, U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown
- Doug Calidas, Deputy Legislative Director, U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar
- Caroline Atkinson, Senior Advisor, Rock Creek; former Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for International Economics, White House
- Special guests to be confirmed
The event was held in the Kennedy Caucus Room in the Russell Senate Office Building on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.