The plan proposes a simple, immediately effective solution to address the fundamental flaws in today’s broken retirement system. If we stay on our current path, America will face rates of poverty among senior citizens not seen since the Great Depression. The strain of this population will have resounding effects across the economy, the government and future generations.
In response to this challenge, Ghilarducci and James have researched and developed a national plan that ensures every worker a more secure retirement. The plan details a single, sustainable framework that allows Americans to save consistently, generate the returns necessary and retire with guaranteed lifelong income. And by repurposing lopsided subsidies and strategically using existing government infrastructure, this plan can be implemented with no new taxes, bureaucracy or increase of the federal deficit.
This plan was developed through an unlikely partnership between Ghilarducci and James. Together, they’ve developed a simple, actionable solution to this impeding crisis.
- “A Comprehensive Plan to Confront the Retirement Savings Crisis” Report
- “A Comprehensive Plan to Confront the Retirement Savings Crisis” Summary
- “A Smarter Plan to Make Retirement Savings Last” in the New York Times
- “Pushing Aside 401(k)’s for Mandatory Savings Plans” in the New York Times
- “One Fix for the American Nest Egg: Make People Save” in the Wall Street Journal
- “Workers and Employers Would Be Forced to Save 3% of Pay Under New Retirement Proposal” in Investment News
- “The Plan That Could Render Your 401(k) Obsolete” in CBS News
- “National Retirement Savings Plan Proposed” in Benefits Pro
- “Is A Mandatory U.S. Retirement Saving Plan In Your Future?” in Reuters
- "America May Finally Be Ready for Mandatory Retirement Savings" in Time's Money Magazine